Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Planning Ahead

Obviously, today is not the first of January; it is the first of July. I would say it is a perfect timing to plan ahead though we may not call our plan as 'New Year Resolution'. Why the first of July? It's because we have entered the second half of a year. If you have planned to do something at the beginning of the year, we should now check or monitor our own progress and see whether we have fulfilled our goals or actually we have lagged much much behind. In addition, we may plan ahead to do something which is not on our agendas. Who knows? Things keep changing all the time.

To me, I have a new project to complete in a year 's time which I haven't planned until May. Also, I need to complete my thesis as soon as possible even though it's a long process which may involve a huge amount of time and energy. How about you? I reckon the essence is that whatever you plan is not important. The most important is the goals you set should be reachable, manageable and practical. Now, it's the right time to look back and plan ahead in order not to waste your time anymore!

No comments: