Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A New Project

I'm going to do a small-scale project in the next academic year. It's a big challenge to me as I am the principal investigator and luckily I can work with one very senior colleague in the department. Though I had done a pilot study already and students' responses were positive, I never know what will happen when trying out something new (here, I mean new teaching innovations) in a new cohort of students. My confidence in planning to do this study mainly came from the encouragement and support from my partner, An who is a nice and experienced lady in writing research proposals. Without her agreement, I may not submit the research proposal. Even before we start the project, I have already learnt a lot from her. Also, I need to say thanks to another lady who was attentively listening to my plan when she was extremely busy and tired. In August, I will prepare for the data collection for my project. Though there are tons of challenges ahead of me, I am sure through building up a good relationship with my students, I can run my project smoothly and use the project to benefit my students' learning.

No comments: