Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I want to be...

'I want to be...' is a common and interesting composition topic for primary school pupils. When I was very young, I wanted to be a policeman. Thus, at the age of 19, I did apply for the post of police officer. Though I got a pass in the written test as well as the fitness test, I couldn't pass in the interview. My dream never comes true! At the age of 20, I did not think of being a school teacher. In my early twenties, I thought I was a bit purposeless. Having joined the teaching profession, my attitude was, at that time, a kind of wait and see because I promised I would quite before 30. I can't believe that not only do I still work in this field, but I also actually work as a teacher trainer who gives training to both pre- and in-service teachers. What made me have a drastic change in attitude is the training I received at HKU. When I studied my postgraduate certificate of education ten years ago, I was inspired by a group of tutors whose teaching skills were excellent. They were so nice and energetic and taught me a lot of new ideas which I could really use in my daily practice. Whenever I look back, my PGDE tutors did influence me a lot and made me another person. I have to take this opportunity to say thanks to those who have inspired and assisted me so much. Now, when I think about the topic 'I want to be...', I really want to be 'a person who can positively influence others.'

No comments: