Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Air Ticket

In August, I'm planning to attend a conference in Bali, Indonesia. I was accepted to present one of my papers in March already, then I started to do all the logistics such as booking the flight and hotel. However, this year is a bit different from the previous years, it's really difficult to get air tickets to Bali. Having put on the waiting list for almost 2.5 months, I became very nervious and helpless as I didn't want to miss the chance. Luckily, the travel agent called me last week that there were tickets to Bali but they were non-direct flight. At that time, I didn't care whether the flight was direct or non-direct. As long as I can attend the conference, I will be very satisfied. This week, when I talked to some of colleagues about this incident, they said it's always difficult to fly to Bali as the flights are not frequent and there is only one airline in Hong Kong which provides direct flight service. No wonder! On top of it, August is the peak season for holiday makers! This time, I am really lucky. God is always with me. Thanks.

No comments: