Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Travelling

I like travelling and I have visited a number of places in the world. The followinig is a summarization of the places I have been to and the reasons why I like those places. The number next to the places indicates the frequency of visit.

Taiwan (4): I visited Taipei for four times. What I like most in Taipei is its coffee shops and bookshops, for instance 誠品書店. I also love eating beef noodles and steamed buns at 'Yu Tai Fung' dimsum shop. Taipei is a romantic place as I took my wedding photos seven years ago and I plan to have another photo collection for the 10th wedding anniversary!!

Thailand (2): In Bangkok, it's good for shopping though things are getting more and more expensive! I love to eat international dishes at the avant-grade cafe on the seventh floor of Central Department Store in the downtown, Bangkok. It's also relaxing to try the original Thai spa and massage. It's fantastic! The price is very reasonable. I also love to visit the Flea Market in Mo Chit which is opened on weekends only. MBK Centre and World Trade Centre are must-go shopping malls.

Japan (2): I have been to Tokyo and Nagoya. Tokyo is very different from Nagoya. The former is very modern and exciting and the latter is quiet and peaceful.

Malaysia (1): It is a very safe and clean city with a large Chinese population. You can talk to many people in Cantonese. What impressed me most is that most shop assistants can speak fluent English! Twin Towers and KLCC are the modern buildings you must visit.

Beijing (1): I still remember how difficult I climed up the Great Wall because on the day I was there, it rained heavily. However, people told me that there was no need to bring umbrellas to Beijing in June.

Singapare (1): It's also a very clean city with a lot of flowers and trees. I love Sentosa and Little India. Of course, I can't forget Hoi Nam Chicken Rice!!

Dubai (1): I was impressed with the riches. A desert turns into greenery and a wealthy city. I remembered I visited a street called 'Gold Street' which has more than 200 shops selling golden jewelery. It is also exciting to watch camel-racing in Dubai.

Canada (2): I visited Toronto twice. I love watching baseball and in summer, Toronto is a paradise. I could really enjoy driving there.

States (1): I attended a conference when I visited there in June this year, but I will fly to LA to visit my uncle next year.

No comments: