Monday, June 30, 2008

Process vs. Product

Over the lunch, my colleague and I talked about our postgraduate studies. One thing different is that he has finished his PhD for a few years and I am still pursuing my studies. I always joked with him that he could enjoy his life now as he completed the biggest project in life. He said it was not the case. Upon graduation, he felt desperate and was at a loss for almost a year. He expressed that to look back, he did enjoy the time when he was studying his PhD. I totally agreed with him. Though I am overloaded as well as overwhelmed with both my studies and teaching, I do enjoy every minute being a doctoral student as I have learnt something new every day. I can witness my intellectual 'growth' over time and it is good for me and my students in the long run.

No comments: