Friday, July 18, 2008

Cold and Flu

Yesterday, I felt very sick and had a feeling that I was dying. First, I had a running nose. Second, I had a headache like someone hammering my head from all sides! Third, I felt terribly exhausted and I couldn't stand properly even for a few minutes. Having slept for a few hours, I felt much better. At night, I was still struggling whether I should see my family doctor. But I know her routine. She will ask me some questions about my conditions and then diagnose whether I have a flu or a cold. Oftentimes, she suggests having injection because she thinks I may recover much more quickly. Then she prescribes some medication for me. I don't like Western medicine very much because those medications only make me even worse. After taking them, I feel like a corpse who can only lay on the bed at least for a few days. This time, I tried some Chinese herbal tea which heals patients suffering from cold and flu. I have taken a few packets and feel much better now. Though the effectiveness of this herbal tea may not be as good as Western medication, it fits my internal body system. I would say Western medicine, by all means, is too strong for someone who is not very healthy like me.

No comments: