Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Assignments

This academic year is drawing to a close. In early July, in every teaching context, teachers will probably receive their new teaching assignments. There is no exception at tertiary level. This afternoon, after the last departmental meeting of this academic year, it was announced that our teaching assignments of next academic year was uploaded on the web. After the meeting, the first thing to do is to look at my assignments. In 2008 - 2009, I need to teach a new course titled 'Language Assessment' in a new BA program. Then, I also take up running tutorials for one module called 'Spoken and Written Discourse' and in this module, I need to work with 3 colleagues who are experienced in teaching discourse in various contexts. The third new assignment is to teach an EMB-tendered course on training teachers in EMI schools. Among all these new assignments, I love to teach language assessment most as it is my specialized area and I feel very comfortable to share the research and experience in the field of assessment with my students.

No comments: