Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Dark Knight

Yesterday, I saw a movie called 'The Dark Knight'. I wanted to see it because I thought it was about Hong Kong. Having watched it, I was a bit disappointed about the scene shot in Hong Kong. The episode lasted for less than a few minutes. Most of the action scenes were shot in the studio. But the audience could see the beautiful skyline of Hong Kong Island and the IFC, the tallest building in Hong Kong. The night view of Hong Kong was also superb, but again the scene was terribly short.

About the film, everyone can tell what it is about. A bad guy, Mr. Joker, blackmailed Batman and turned the City into chaos. The Good Guy fought with the Devil. However, this time, the theme -heroism - is a bit twisted in such a way that heros, no matter how righteous they are, will do something hideous to safeguard their own reputation in the dark of the city. Thus, the dichotomy between Good and Bad interwined and there is no longer clear-cut distinction between them. I am not a fan of Batman, but I would say this movie is portrayed from a much more humanistic perspective than previous versions.

Comments: ***** (5 stars) Highly recommended

The film is almost 2.5 hours long and you need to book the tickets as there is always full house. I watched it at Palace IFC, a very spacious and cosy cinema. It's my favourite!

1 comment:

Harold Au said...

Hello Ricky,

I watched this movie and I like it too! But mommy doesn't like it because she said how come Joker's ideas and plans are always faster than Batman.

Joker looks funny when he pretends to be the nurse!

Harold