Sunday, May 18, 2008

Wedding

This afternoon, I attended my colleague's wedding ceremony. The occasion was holy and romantic. During the ceremony, a pastor talked about the oath between husband and wife. Yes. It's true. Whenever couples get married, they do say the oath, but how many couples would remember the oath they promised some years ago in the church or marriage registry office?

I think the art of maintaining good relationship among couples is honesty and appreciation. Without being honest, husband and wife lose trust and hassles and rows may follow suit. If a couple could always appreciate each other, their life would be nice and complete. I think we all know no one is perfect in the world. We all have our talents and strengths which others may lack. That's why a couple can support and help each other when you are in need and in trouble. This is also the married life.

Marriage is a blessing not a curse. From now on, I have to remind myself of the oath I said seven years ago. It's important. Oftentimes, we are generous to others but not the one closest to us. Our spouse is also our soulmate who would understand, support, and love us most other than our parents. So, do say something sweet or do something romantic even during the normal days, or at least on Valentine's Day. Love is all around.

No comments: