Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mother's Day

This evening, I celebrated Mother's Day with my mother-in-law. You are right. This year, I only dined out with my mother-in-law not because I forgot my mother, but because she flew to LA and stays there with my dad for a month. I told her after she comes back from the States, I will buy her a gift to make up for Mother's Day.

On top of Mother's Day, I think I should have dinner with my mother-in-law as I haven't seen her since the Chinese New Year. I feel a bit guilty because I'm terribly busy and tied up with all sorts of responsibilities. Anyway, my mother-in-law is a very understanding lady and treats me very well. She knows I love Chinese soup. Whenever I visit her, she must prepare the soup for me. Actually, her cooking skill is superb and she can create a lot of dishes. In addition, we have a lot of talking points. Like this evening, we talked about travelling and some funny anecdotes in the airport. Then, we planned to purchase a flat in Quarry Bay as the price will go up in the next few months. She also told me how to play 'Taiwan' mahjong. Having heard about the rules of the game, I felt a bit amazed and she even compared Cantonese and Taiwanese mahjong. When we sit down and talk, we can go on and on. As a lot of people said, my mother-in-law is a good one and I'm also proud of being her son-in-law.



No comments: