Thursday, May 29, 2008

Smiles Not Tears

This evening, I visited one of my favourite teachers, Rosina who are still suffering from cancer since last year. She stays on the 21st floor in QM. Before I went there, I decided to buy some fruits as she could not eat too many things except fruits. Actually, she has gone through radiotherapy treatment for a few days. According to what I observed, she is still very weak physically but has a very good spirit. During my brief visit, we chatted but in a very special way. Because of the cancer, Rosina can't hear clearly as the cancer cells attacked her brain and ears quite seriously. She could only barely hear some sounds. So we communicated with each other in a special - a 'magic' clipboard. I wrote my messages in lieu of my speech and she read it and then answered me. We talked about our families, my work, her son and everything.....

To be honest, before I visited her, I told myself I shouldn't cry though I am a very sentimental person. But this time, I was very brave because I know that my visit was a joyful visit and I should bring happiness to Rosina. If I cry, she will follow suit. No doubt, crying is a way for one to release their emotions; however, sometimes, there is no use to cry over spilt milk. Eventually, I plunged up my courage and shared a lot with Rosina for almost 45 minutes. One thing I am sure is that I brought her smiles instead of tears!

Be strong and positive. You'll be back, Rosina.

No comments: