Saturday, May 31, 2008

New Neighbour

Lately, in the building that I live in, a new foreign couple has moved in. As they live on the first floor with a large terrace, I bet they spent a lot of money to decorate their terrace with open kitchen and barbecue. Last night, it was their home-warming party. There were more than twenty guests in the party. You may wonder how I knew all about it since I just live on the third floor. From the bay window of my living room, I can overlook what they are doing. The party was very successful. I could hear a lot of yelling, talking (in English), pop music and laughter.... when I was marking the assignments of my students!!!! It was until 11 pm. The noise was even louder than before. First my wife called to report to the management office. Then, we reported the case to the police. The 'noise' went on until midnight when six policemen came to visit my new neighbour for the second time. Since then, they stopped. But what I think is they should be considerate. My wife had to work the following day. I know they are just young couple but they acted like children! We should be considerate by all means!

No comments: