Sunday, May 25, 2008

Part 1 & Part 2 of the Assignment

In ENG 3172E, there are two parts of the module assessment. I finished marking the Part 1 of the assignment and returned to my Yr. 4 Ss just in time for them to read through my comments before they turned in the Part 2 last week. The purpose of dividing ONE assignment into two parts is actually based upon the ideas proposed by my predecessor, Dave who tried out this assessment method in the not sure whether my students would find doing two parts instead of one is tedious. I hope that through this two-part assignment, they could develop a better understanding towards the good qualities of an assessment and the relationship between formative and summative purposes of assessment. I also wish that my feedback, mainly descriptive, could scaffold their learning in this module.

No comments: