Thursday, March 20, 2008

Walking

Few months ago, my friend and I talked about how to keep fit. We shared our experience. She told me that swimming was quite effective. She did it in the last summer and lost 5 pounds. And I told her my experience few years back. I used to run in the park for 50 minutes three times a week and I lasted for four months. I lost 8 pounds. Then, I told my friend I originally did not intend to lose weight as there is no need for me to do so. But the unexpectued side-effect of running is to lose pounds.

You may think you neither have time nor any energy to swim or run. Why don't you try walking? Recently, I realize that I don't have much exercise, so I spend some time purely on 'walking'. You may ask how and when. It's easy. As I live very close to HKU, my strategy is that I get off from the MTR in Central. Then, I start walking home from Soho area and stroll alongside Hollywood Road. It takes me about 20 to 25 minutes to go home. I think this exercise is pretty convenient. You don't need a partner, equipment or venue and you don't spend 'extra' time or money. You may try.

No comments: