Thursday, March 27, 2008

Sylvia

I can't believe that one of my students still remembers my birthday. She is called Sylvia. Actually I started teaching her almost ten years ago when I taught English evening classes at the Methodist Centre in Wan Chai. She is a very hardworking student and studied part-time in all my courses. Obviously, the courses I taught at that time were not free. She worked in day time and studied part-time. Sometimes, she even cooked some good food for me. Though we haven't met each other for at least four or five years, I think she still sent me Christmas cards and birthday cards every year. What I felt touched was not her cards or presents. Instead, she treated me like her friend or even a family member. I felt so great to have this superb student.

She told me she is with the Inland Revenue and she pretty enjoys five-day work. Good. Keep up with your English and send my regards to your husband and family members. How about your knees? Once you told me you got problems with your knees, keep doing exericise. Take care.

No comments: