Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Good Old Days

This afternoon, I received an email which I wish the message were fake...

My favourite teacher, Rosina passed away.

I don't know when I should start. Perhaps, I should start from 3 September 1998 when I had my first PGDE lecture taught by her and Albert. Since then, I was inspired by Rosina's teaching methodologies and her lively personality.

After PGDE, we still kept in touch. I remember how elated she was when I told her I got married with Grace. Of course, she thought I was old enough to settle down. She did attend my wedding banquet though she was extremely busy at that time.

It was Rosina who encouraged me to study my MEd. She said, "If you want to get promotion, you must study MEd."

When I was studying my MEd, Rosina was also doing her PhD. We had a lot of academic dialogues and she gave me a lot of good suggestions on doing a research degree. After that, we had an opportunity to do a SBA project together. Each of us wrote a chapter and presented at a local conference. Unluckily, she had an operation at that time, so she couldn't attend the conference. But I knew she wanted to come though she was already very sick.

Last year, I visited her twice during the Mid-Autumn Festival and I remember I brought my doggie to her apartment as she likes dogs. Grace, Rosina and I had moon cakes and some "wife" cakes that I bought from a famous local bakery. We chatted non-stop until midnight. I couldn't figure out this was the last occasion that I bought her moon cakes.

I will remember all the good old days we had together. For instance, tea time in your office, shopping in Central, tuna fish you bought me and Shenzhen tour with three 'beautiful ladies'...

No comments: