Thursday, August 21, 2008

Farewell

Chris, one of my favourite HKU lecturers, will leave Hong Kong tomorrow. Though it's a big loss to HKU, I should say congratulations to her as she has further careeer advancement and can stay with her whole family together. Two colleagues in IEd and I attended Chris's farewell cocktail as three of us are her students. The occasion was lovely and touching. Chris thanked all colleagues, supporting staff and students over the past nine years, but we also thought that we should say thanks to her as she contributed so much to HKU. I am one of the persons who benefited most from her such as attending her classes, doing research with her and so forth.

Actually, when Chris flies back to Australia, she has more quality time with her family and she will build a big house over the seaside. Leo said, "Another property!" She also talked about she would come back to Hong Kong frequently, continuing some of the ongoing research projects. That's why she said, 'Don't feel surprised when you see me hang around in the campus.' She is always so humorous. Some guests presented souvenirs to her and I bought her a very useful gift. I think Chris's farewell is temporary. Some of the guests planned to visit Chris in Australia. That's a good idea.

No comments: