Sunday, June 29, 2008

Paris

When you look at the topic of this entry, you may think I will talk about Paris in France. You're wrong! Paris is one of my favourite lecturers when I was an undergraduate student. He inspired me to fall in love with literature. In the past, I did not like poetry and fictions as I was a science student. Since I took Paris's courses on English poetry and modern and post-modern literature, I became so obsessed with Blake's poems and modern American novels. During my last year of study in the university, he taught us the comparative literature. At that time, I found it very difficult to compare the literature of two different cultures, but it's fun! To look back, I thought he was an enthusiastic and caring university teacher. We haven't seen each other for almost 10 years. Few months ago, I got to know that he is teaching at PolyU. I said I would visit him for two months. Perhaps, in the summer, I will contact him again, he is a very nice guy and also very talented. Apart from English literature, he is also a great violinist!

Paris, thanks for your teaching and you enlightened me to be a good teacher!

No comments: