Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Yr. 4 students

Yesterday, I taught a new cohort of Yr. 4 students. This year, what makes a difference is that two international students have joined our group and they come from the northern part of Thailand. Initially, they were a bit shy. Having discussed some issues in the tutorial, they warmed up and shared their opinions with some of the Yr. 4 students. I am sure with their backgrounds, Gip and Yui can integrate into our class without any problem. Another interesting thing is that in this cohort, there are only 4 gentlemen who are all very nice and brave to speak up. Though they are the miniority, they are very serious and sincere in their learning.

My first impression of this group of students is that they are all very attentive and eager to learn. That is a good sign. As their module lecturer as well as DPC, I think I need to give them extra support both academically and professionally as soon they will do their teacher practice. They still have a lot of worries and concerns in relation to real teaching. I am confident we may get along well.

No comments: