Monday, September 15, 2008

All-In-One

Yesterday, I had a multi-purpose family gathering which not only celebrated the Mid-Autumn Festival, but also served the following purpose(s):

1. my niece's first birthday;
2. my brother-in-law's nth birthday;
3. my father's 65th birthday;
4. Mid-Autumn Festival with my mother-in-law;
5. Mid-Autumn Festival with my parents

Actually, there were 15 people in the gathering. This 'multi-purpose' event is very economical and efficient. First, we can save a lot of time because usually I need to celebrate the Festival twice (one with my own parents and another one with my mother-in-law). Second, in September, it is the birthday of three of our family members, i.e., my father, my brother-in-law and my niece. So this kind of all-in-one celebration is good for everybody in terms of saving time and money. Why not? We were very happy during the banquet.

No comments: