Friday, April 18, 2008

Peer Observation

On Monday, I invited my mentor Marc to observe my BEd Yr. 4 class which was the second last class in this semester. Marc is very nice and gentl guy as he actually got the recruitment duties overseas from 11 - 13 April in Nanjing. It means that once he came back from Nanjing, he would be in my class for three hours first thing in the morning. More than that, he wrote me a detailed report for my reference. I felt so elated to have him to give me feedback. Being a teacher educator, I bet I still have room for improvement and should be reflective towards my own teaching. If one always thinks he/she is good enough, he/she would never have any progress in their teaching careers. After the lesson, Marc had lunch with me and we had some small talk. He praised me to have good classroom management and the flow of the lesson was very smooth. Here, I need to take this opportunity to say thanks to my Yr.4 students. First, they are patient and they are nice student teachers. Though someone always got a wrong impression that IEd students are not good, they are totally wrong. With this group of students, they make my teaching different and much easier. I'm very proud of them. They are motivated and willing to learn. This is exactly what Marc told me. After a month, these students will graduate and I wish them all the success in their future career! In the mean time, I need to say thanks again to Marc as he told me how I can do better in my lessons.

PS Last but not least, Marc, your blog is very sentimental and I'll read it regularly. Your Chinese is beautifully crafted and very moving.

No comments: