Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A Colleague From Brazil

Yesterday, I received an email from Brazil. The sender is an EFL teacher in Brazil who shared with me how writing portfolios can be implemented in her classroom. She asked me a few questions to which I hope I could really answer. Since in different contexts, students would have very different responses to the pedagogical appraoch we intend to carry out in the writing classroom. I guess Karla is a very energetic teacher who doesn't feel frustrated even though her class is a bit difficult to teach. I guess as English teachers, we have to develop positive attitude towards our students and have faith in our teaching. I am not saying that English teachers are God who is omniscient to change whatever he likes at his fingertips , but I always believe that we do teach with a purpose - it is to help and support our students to learn better. Like Karla, she is willing to try many different methods even in face of a lot of difficulties in her teaching context. Karla, keep going and you can do the best.

No comments: