Thursday, January 22, 2009

A long day

At 9 this morning, I arrived at the office and prepared my lesson, simply studying what I have written on the PowerPoint. At 10, a student came and asked me something about her assignment. At 10:20, I went straight to the classroom. The lesson went on until 1:30. Having finished the third session of Language Assessment, a few Yr. 4 students asked me some questions about their final year thesis.

By the time I went to the office, it was 1:50, I then had a quick lunch. Nothing good was on the menu, mainly leftovers. I decided to have some noodles. At 2 pm, I browsed Blackboard to see whether my students posted their comments on the Forum as I usually uploaded some questions and invited discussion every week. More and more students have participated in this activity. After responding to a few entries, I went straight to a meeting about the NSS professional development course. This is a quality assurance meeting for all colleagues who teach the course. We mainly reported our feedback and shared some teaching ideas. The meeting lasted for 1 and 1/2 hours.

Around 4, I thought I could start marking the assignments. However, one of my colleagues called me and he wanted to talk to me about some issues on staff appraisal. Then we had a chat for about 45 mins. It seemed to me that he was not happy working in IEd. A lot of complaints!! Finish my work as a councillor. I went back to my work and started marking the last three assignments. At 8:45, I finally finished and entered the marks in an Excel file. I left Tai Po.

About 9:30, I was home but felt speechless as the day was REALLY long. No sooner did I finish my dinner, then I forgot my doctor appointment at 8pm. I immediately called Dr Law to apologize for my absence and I asked if I could make another appointment the following day. She said, 'Why not?' Now, I should get some sleep. Good night.

No comments: