Saturday, October 25, 2008

Over is the First Module

Tonight, I finished teaching my first module in this academic year, a Yr. 4 module titled 'Studies of Discourse Analysis'. Let me do a brief self-evaluation. In general, I performed much better than last year and could help students connect the theoretical underpinnings of 'discourse studies' with their real teaching in the field experience, especially the last component - classroom discourse. Most students expressed that this part was relevant to their practicum as well as future career such as teacher talk, verbal interaction patterns, questioning behavior and the like. Very soon, I will pay school visits to 11 students of this group and hope that they like their teaching practice and enjoy being with their students though some grumbled over students' disciplines and their low academic abilities. Well, this is life, let's face it!!

No comments: