Sunday, February 22, 2009

A NSS Workshop

Lately, one Kwun Tong secondary school has invited me to run a workshop on one of the electives in NSS curriculum - Social Issues. Actually I am very glad to share my humble experience with frontline teachers and panel chairs in the territories. Personally, I am more keen on exploring non-language arts electives rather than language arts counterparts since I think the former is more practical and useful for the less able students. In the professional development courses that I am teaching, I usually introduce 'Pop Culture ', 'Workplace English Communication', 'Sports Communication' and 'Social Issues' to teacher participants. However, this time, my audience is only limited to a panel of 17 teachers, so I need to tailor-make the contents of the workshop and should have a better communication with the panel chair to see what I am expected to deliver. Up to now, I have corresponded to the panel chair twice and understood what teachers wanted to learn in this workshop. I am looking forward to collaborating with the colleagues in this secondary school.

No comments: